Open Positions – Experienced
Deadline for Applications: November 15, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. or Until Filled
The Office of the State Auditor (Office) seeks a qualified candidate to work as a Technical Writer.
Writes/drafts or formats, edits, and proofs the following, ensuring procedural and grammatical accuracy; conformance to general policy, format, and guidelines; conformance to auditing standards; and factual correctness:
- Various reports that include auditor findings and financial statements
- Policy and procedure manuals and materials used internally by the
- Office or externally by local governments or CPA firms
- Working papers, audit programs, and other forms used by the Office
- Office Administrative Rules
- Correspondence and documents
- Technical reports, articles, tables, or related material based on research or analysis
- Contracts for auditing services and related documents
- Press releases and other media communications
- Tables, graphs, and related explanatory materials that may be included in various reports
- Templates for reports, emails, and other publications or correspondence
- Translates audit terminology into a narrative more easily understood by an audience that may lack a basic accounting background.
- Researches, answers, and resolves inquiries from the public, local government entities, and the press.
- Updates and maintains Office website content utilizing various software programs.
- Designs, prepares, or participates in the development and delivery of training/instructional materials.
- Maintains and updates several databases. Analyzes and organizes technical information from the databases.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Senior Auditor (ongoing)
The Office has an opening for a Senior Auditor. The position is currently open as a full-time position.
Responsibilities of a Senior Auditor include:
- Manage effective and efficient audits and audit teams
- Mentor staff and intern auditors
- Understand organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations
- Assess risks relevant to audit objectives
- Develop audit procedures to address identified risks
- Analyze audit data, prepare report findings, interpret results and identify recommendations
- Write high quality correspondence, reports and other documents
- Propose, prepare and present in-office training
- Maintain a high level of expertise in relevant audit Standards