Open Positions – Experienced
Data Analyst Position
The Office has an opening for a Data Analyst for the Local Government team. The position is currently open as a full-time position.
Deadline for Applications: January 10, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. or Until Filled
The Office of the State Auditor seeks a qualified candidate to work as a Data Analyst. Our office provides Utah taxpayers and government officials with an independent assessment of financial operation, statutory compliance, and performance management for state and local government, and makes recommendations to improve the effectiveness of programs and efficiency of operations.
The incumbent will maintain current data flow and provide assistance and advanced knowledge in a comprehensive research project regarding the effectiveness of state and local government spending. The incumbent will be responsible for collecting, evaluating, and analyzing large amounts of data. Incumbents in this position make recommendations to the State Auditor and/or senior management, which may influence office decisions, programs, regulations, legislation, etc. The incumbent must obtain a working knowledge of rules, laws, policies, procedures and programs related to governments in the State of Utah.
This position requires a four-year college degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Public Administration or equal experience in analysis or investigation.
Senior Auditor (ongoing)
The Office has an opening for a Senior Auditor. The position is currently open as a full-time position.
Responsibilities of a Senior Auditor include:
- Manage effective and efficient audits and audit teams
- Mentor staff and intern auditors
- Understand organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations
- Assess risks relevant to audit objectives
- Develop audit procedures to address identified risks
- Analyze audit data, prepare report findings, interpret results and identify recommendations
- Write high quality correspondence, reports and other documents
- Propose, prepare and present in-office training
- Maintain a high level of expertise in relevant audit Standards